Return to Index  

I own both .20 and .22 caliber R9's and prefer the .22

March 14 2012 at 7:17 AM

(Login Parallax7)
YC

Response to R9 .22

My .22 R9 is Vortek tuned by John in PA and shoots 14.7g FTS at 740 fps. A solid 18 fpe. That's factory R1 .22 numbers. It shoots equally as flat out to really long ranges as my .20 cal R9 does and I can shoot several different pellets accurately due to more pellet head size choices. It also hits small game harder and leaves a bigger hole.

I feel that the .20 cal is way too limited in pellet selection and often times, the favorite pellet of an R9 .20 is a pellet that is too close in weight to the popular .22 caliber weights......hence you shoot a smaller pellet for similar velocity so you loose FPE.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.