Return to Index  

very general rule of thumb

March 15 2012 at 6:51 AM
DaveG  (Login DaveG)
YF

Response to Drop in FPS

I think that 10fps loss/gain per inch thing is kind of a rule of thumb.

Further down this thread Paul indicates that he cut his down some 9.5" from the full length of just over 23". His velocity loss was @ 5fps per inch.

I too have found that I get @ 5 or 6fps loss per inch. BUT, I also adjust the gun to not be so wastefull with air on each shot. If the air isn't pushing lead, it is wasted. So, turning the power down a little keeps the shot count closer to before the chop, and brings my total velocity drop down to around 12fps per inch.

Regards,
DaveG
See more picts @http://davegcustomstocks.com

Respond to this message   

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.