Return to Index  

Re: .25 thunder - pcp prototype. ...... help , please ?

March 16 2012 at 8:48 PM
Joe H.  (Login Guthook)
YF

Response to Re: .25 thunder - pcp prototype. ...... help , please ?

I am sure they build in some safety factor on their tubing and what not when designing those co2 guns, however I would think they no more than doubled the max pressure of C02. Also remember that pressure tubing has a max pressure and a max working pressure. Exceeding the max working pressure will eventually work harden the steel and cause a rupture.
I would stay on the safe side and not go higher than 1250 psi. I had a QB I had converted over to HPA by Mountain Air in .25 caliber. I was running 1200 psi and getting 750fps with 21 grain diana pellets. Never had a problem with it.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

• your qb - paul self on Mar 19, 2012, 6:15 AM
  •  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.