Return to Index  

IZH 53m or HW70?

March 21 2012 at 4:36 PM
karlw  (Login karlw)
YF

I've been looking at both of these springer pistols recently, thinking it might be fun to have one of the two for casual plinking and basement shooting to join along in the fun with my P3.

Both of the Izzy 53 and the HW70 seem like they are pretty solidly built little pistols.

But, the Izzy 53 is only about $65 while the HW70 is around $250.

I hate buying "cheap" and then feeling completely disappointed, but I'd also hate to spend $250 for an HW70 only to find out that spring-piston PISTOLS aren't for me.

I don't have any major problems shooting spring-piston rifles, so I'm thinking I'd be ok with the pistols, but you never know?

While I know it's true that I could just buy one or the other, and then if I don't like it, just sell it and try the other one........but......I really hate to do that if possible. Time, money, reduced price to sell it, worry of whether or not the shipping goes well, etc. You know the drill.

My gut tells me to go with the HW70, but I've read a lot of favorable reviews of the Izzy 53, so it makes me pause just a tad.

So, for those of you who have had or shot both of these pistols, what do you think?

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.