Return to Index  

Is there a difference between the old and new JSD pellets?

April 1 2012 at 9:42 PM
Timberhawk  (Login timberhawk)
YF

Today was a close to windless day so I went out to shoot my tuned down .177 B50 and .22 Marauder at longer ranges. The B50 performed wonderfully and accurately out to 65 yards. However, I had issues with the Marauder. I recently chrongraphed and tuned it to shoot 18.1 JSB at 865 fps instead of 780 fps. The gun was shooting tight groups out to 50 yards at 780 fps with the grey tin pellets, During the tuning process I ran short of the JSB's in the grey tin and ordered several tins of the new red label JSB. After tuning I cleaned the barrel and put the gun away. Long story short, today it sprayed the red tin pellets even at 20 yards. So either the added 80+ fps caused the spraying or the new red tin pellets are different than the grey tin pellets any guess? Thanks.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.