Return to Index  

Re: Shoebox compressor micro review

April 2 2012 at 3:54 PM
Scott  (Login redboat)
YF12

Response to Shoebox compressor micro review

Here is what I posted on another forum:

My first time using the Shoebox:

From 2900 psi on a carbon fiber SCOTT SCBA tank (4500 psi/88 cu.ft.) to the cutoff point which was approximately 4400 psi (no need to fiddle) :

1) 2900 - 3900 psi took approximately 3 hours (I had a small leak in the line into the shoebox which I fixed for step #2)
8pm-11pm (sorry I was sleepy and I wanted to give her a break)
2) 3900 - 4400 psi took 2 hours and 40 minutes

I checked the decibels with an app on the iPhone. It is not going to be exact but it is a frame of reference:

Washing Machine inside two car garage on wash cycle = 80db

Shoebox running by itself = 85-90db
Shoebox with the air compressor running (Craftsman 4 Gallon pancake 125hp) = 110db

I set everything up in my kitchen, then checked the noise level outside the sliding glass door from it to the patio = 76db (just the Shoebox) There are lots of trees in the area and it is usually pretty quiet in my neighborhood. Trees and squirrels, but I digress. 10 Feet away from the glass door and you can't even hear it.

Highly recommended!

http://www.marauderairrifle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3367&start=10

Respond to this message   

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.