Return to Index  

Help, old man needs help in understanding pellet prices

May 6 2012 at 5:56 PM
Allen  (Login mcclureallen)
YC

1. My math may be wrong,please check it.
2. I picked a random supplier of airgun pellets and found the price of Exact pellets to be $9.95, this is 177 cal 500 ct tin. A full tin according to my scales weighs 10.40 ounces. This works out to be about 96 cents per ounce including the can. Now add on tax and shipping.
3. My local mart carries 22 cal ammunition for $18.99 add tax and call it $20.00, 550 count, weight of full box is about 63.7 ounces. This comes out to be about 31 cents per ounce and I don't pay shipping. Now to be picky, I'm getting the brass, powder and primer, I know that comes to almost nothing, but still.
4. So 22cal ammunition is about 1/3 the cost of pellets and no shipping.
5. I've been way into airguns for the past 10 years or so and have talked to some fine outstanding vendors, who go out of their way to help. I know you have to make a profit to make a living, but dog-gone this seems a bit steep.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.