Return to Index  

Another Factor: Switching from Rifle to Rifle is One Known Cause of What You Describe

May 22 2012 at 8:13 PM
Ed Krzynowek  (Login ekmeister)
YFOT

Response to I find it takes several shots to start shooting well

So much so that some of the guys who compete in target competitions will shoot ONLY the rifle they plan to use in said competition for at least a month or so beforehand. They say that there's some re-learning of any rifle after you've been shooting something else, and it's a luxury/detriment they can't afford if they want a good score.

It's not that hard to understand. Each rifle you shoot tends to have its own shooting characteristics and preferences--weight, hold, balance, and trigger break to name just some of the essentials. There are more.

So, while it's nice to own more than one air rifle, there's a price to pay when you 'change partners'--no two dance exactly the same.

My above comments were merely an adjunct to yours. The things you mentioned could also help explain the need-for and benefits-of a warm-up period.

Happy Shooting!

Ed, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

This message has been edited by ekmeister on May 23, 2012 3:30 AM

Respond to this message   

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.