Return to Index  

So a .22 is better than a .177 at longer distance right?

June 10 2012 at 8:07 AM
Darrell  (Login dt3)
YF

The above is often stated and generally accepted (by myself as well) however I wonder if anyone has ever really put it to the test.

I know some of you have at least one PCP rifle in each caliber capable of shooting 1/2" or so at 50 yards. Has anyone ever taken these same two rifle with their favorite pellet and shot them side by side at 100 yards to verify our suspicions?

Did the .22 really buck the wind better?

At what distance did the .22 start to show it advantages if indeed it did?

I know that the .22 is going to put more energy on target but that is only important if your a hunter. I am considering buying either a Air Ranger, FX Royale 400, or a Theoben MFR in .22 for long distance shooting, say 100 yard and maybe a little over. However I only want to do so if indeed the .22 has a significant advantage over the .22 in accuracy at these distances.

Thanks

Darrell

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.