Filling a Hammerli PCP?June 17 2012 at 9:14 PM
|Ray Townsend (Login Shamu25)|
My son just got a Hammerli Pneuma on the Yellow. Came with a fill probe and a big brass threaded cap. I have a scuba tank and fill adapter for a Marauder. It appears that I simply need to remove the Foster quick disconnect and buy a female to female fitting and screw the fill probe to the hose and we are in business. Couple of questions. First, I understand that the threads are not NPS but British. So where to buy a fem to fem fitting. If he buys the Air Venturi scuba adapter with hose from PA it appears that the fill probe will simply screw into the hose fitting and we don't mess with my Marauder setup. Second, does the probe simply poke into the fill port on the end of the Hammerli? Thanks for any help? and other thoughts? BTW...what is the big brass threaded cap for that came in a ziplock?
- cant you just get a male foster with a female BSPP threads on it like this one - Nies on Jun 17, 2012, 9:26 PM
- Until you order the adapter... - robert on Jun 17, 2012, 10:00 PM
- Go with Niles - he is right - brass thing is to - dave cole on Jun 17, 2012, 10:05 PM
- One more thing.. When you fill it do it V-E-R-Y slowly or - dave cole on Jun 17, 2012, 10:07 PM
- Makes lots of sense......thanks guys...appreciate it..n.t. - Ray Townsend on Jun 17, 2012, 10:18 PM