Rear focus parallax adj vs Side focus...June 17 2012 at 9:53 PM
Derek (Login Stealth_Warrior)
Probably going to buy a SWFA SS 10x42 as opposed to the Hawke Sidewinder Tac 30 10x42mm. I'm interested to hear from folks that have tried both of these scopes and what you prefer. I can get SS for about 300 with rear focus. This brings up another issue. I've never used a scope with rear focus parallax adjustment and it seems like it'd be a pretty good thing, as side focus you sometimes still have to get off target to focus if the rifle is heavy. The main reason I ask this is there is about a $100 price diff between **** with side focus over the rear focus. At this point I'm trying to decide bewtween 3 scopes...
1) 10x42 SS with rear focus - $300
2) 10x42 SS with side focus - $400
3) Hawke 10x42 side focus - $360 or so
I've heard some things about hawkes getting blurry. The SS seems to be a well balanced scope. The scope is going on a Huntsman XL so I have no concern of airgun ratings. Looking forward to yall's opinons and thoughts.
- I find it just the opposite ... - Noodles on Jun 17, 2012, 10:19 PM
- Those rear focus SWFA scopes - Devin on Jun 17, 2012, 10:27 PM
- I Apologize, I mis-read your initial post... - Noodles on Jun 17, 2012, 10:49 PM
- I have had a few Hawkes but I was never..... - Donovan Taylor on Jun 17, 2012, 11:21 PM
- Are you getting the MRAD or the Mil Dot? - Rob in Pgh on Jun 18, 2012, 1:56 AM
- Hi Derk, I would not include any consideration - Dwight Callis on Jun 18, 2012, 7:37 AM
- Re: Rear focus parallax adj vs Side focus... - VYD on Jun 18, 2012, 9:28 AM