Return to Index  

Rear focus parallax adj vs Side focus...

June 17 2012 at 9:53 PM

(Login Stealth_Warrior)
YC

Probably going to buy a SWFA SS 10x42 as opposed to the Hawke Sidewinder Tac 30 10x42mm. I'm interested to hear from folks that have tried both of these scopes and what you prefer. I can get SS for about 300 with rear focus. This brings up another issue. I've never used a scope with rear focus parallax adjustment and it seems like it'd be a pretty good thing, as side focus you sometimes still have to get off target to focus if the rifle is heavy. The main reason I ask this is there is about a $100 price diff between **** with side focus over the rear focus. At this point I'm trying to decide bewtween 3 scopes...

1) 10x42 SS with rear focus - $300
2) 10x42 SS with side focus - $400
3) Hawke 10x42 side focus - $360 or so

I've heard some things about hawkes getting blurry. The SS seems to be a well balanced scope. The scope is going on a Huntsman XL so I have no concern of airgun ratings. Looking forward to yall's opinons and thoughts.

Semper Fi,
Derek

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.