Return to Index  

Anyone tried a 2G Vortek kit on an R9/HW95 yet or Maccari HP kit?

June 23 2012 at 6:33 PM
  (Login jasmlowe)
YC

Just acquired another HW95, this time in .22cal and was getting ready to put a tune kit in it. I already have a R9 .20cal with a Maccari kit and Vortek piston seal and breech seal. Its shooting 700fps with 14.3 CP's and very smooth. I also have a R9 .177cal with just a Maccari kit shooting 13.8 foot pounds and very smooth as well. I am looking for a little more power in the .22cal version, but I don't want to compromise smoothness or have excess recoil. This HW95 .22cal is already shooting 15.5 foot pounds, which is very good for a stock gun. I know Maccari has a high power kit, but I have not heard anything yet on it as well. To me the R9 is the ideal size springer. I own a lot of pcp's so if I want huge power I will just shoot one of them. I know guys have already posted 18 foot pounds in .22cal with standard Vortek kit, and I would be happy with that, but I am always curious about new things.
Thanks for any input,
Jason Lowe

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.