Return to Index  

AA S400 hammer spring adjustment

June 23 2012 at 6:38 PM
George D.  (Login mgkd)
YF

I have an S400 MPR FT .177 and it shoots at about 12.5 FPE extremely well. The port restrictor screw is backed out all the way(CCW). I want to test the gun at about 14-15 FPE so I want to try adding some shim(s) behind the hammer tension spring. I am planning to experiment with a few different shim thicknesses and see what the effect is on power output and shot count. I am hoping to not have to empty out the air tube everytime I change shims.

For the people who have done this, can it be done without discharging the air tube? My understanding is that the hammer spring is hidden behind the rear tube cover. If anyone has instructions or parts diagram it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.