Return to Index  

124 freehanded shooting....and grouping..a lesson in unforgivingness...

July 2 2012 at 11:14 PM

Dutch  (Login Dutch.22)
YFOT

I got my safety repaired by Dave Slade when I presented the rifle to him back in Oct and picked it up at the GOB. Anyways I decided to switch from cpl to 8.4 jsb's. I have an old school beeman starlight 2-7X scope. I love the combo. While I cant get every shot in a dime @ 30 yards...I can get a bunch in there if I shoot enough pellets...and still keep the wanderers well with in 1.25".

Shooting this rifle is a challenge as its unforgiving if you don't do your part. I did another session tonite and couldn't get a group to settle. Its all about the hold. Its all about doing everything the same.

I got bored and switched to free handed shooting. I started shooting at a 1.25" killzone. And while I didn't know it down every time @ 35 yards...I did manage to kill it a handful of times... and each handful shot occurance...the shot felt real good.

I am going to hunt some squirrels this year with this combo. I am planning on keeping within 20-25 yards max. Perhaps alittle closer. Springers don't shoot the same when you aim high. This I will be practicing on the walnuts...from my black walnut tree....

anyways I hope all is well...and keep on shooting..

Dutch

Self proclaimed shootinist sumbitch...there ever was almost!!
Its hard bein shootinst sum bitch...welp not its not.
started @ 227 compressor fills in 6/22/08
180 compressor fills and I have broke even
And aaain't it grrreaaat to be livinnn in the USA.
I never whacked a pigeon, starling, or sparrow that didn't deserve it!!!
1544 and countin....on pigeons..
starling count started 14--

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.