Return to Index  

HA-HA-HA-HATSAN... jokes on me?!

July 6 2012 at 10:02 PM

gino e  (Login ginoe)
YF12

.177 mod25 supercharger arrived today. thank you PA for a plain, nondescript looking packaging happy.gif

comes in a nice cardboard box describing all the features. inside was the pistol, manual, cocking assist & a plastic baggie containing a small allen key "for trigger adjustment" HA

tested 3 different types & weights of pellets through the chrony. i tested  before & after the goo-gone-patch cleaning. it took about a dozen patches to clear out the gunk. crosman dome 10.5gr; 535fps, 6.68fpe.  gamo masterpoint  7.85gr; 695fps, 8.43fpe. crosman wadcutters 7.4gr; 670fps, 7.41fpe. Cool - its close to the advertised 700fps.

strange, the 10.5gr pellets increased in both fps & fpe after cleaning but the other two pellets decreased on fps & fpe after cleaning. those gamo pellets were the worst i've ever seen, all the skirts had extra 'hangnail' lead.

WOW! what a bear it was to cock this thing, even with the assist mounted. it's getting a little easier as i go, hopefully it wont be as tough. during testing, at about the 30 pellet mark; the pistol would not cock! damn, now this is no time to joke sad.gif HA

took it apart & lubed the appropriate areas & really lubed up the carrier of the XRS RRS so it slides really easily now - all is well, it cocks as it should.

i noticed the rear sight elevation adjuster kept moving from its' initial setting. i had it on 0, cock the pistol, shoot and would move to 3 or whatever. sometimes it stays put, sometimes not - i would always have to keep a constant eye on it to make sure. when I finished with the chrony testing, i began sighting it in at 5meters. if i did not pay attention, the elevation adjuster would wander on its own. once i forgot to check & clearly missed the paper target & over the target trap hitting the scrap plywood i use as additional backup. i used a strip of black electrical tape to keep the adjuster from wandering. HA

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

now that i've got it hitting what i aim at, time to fiddle with the adjustable trigger. armed with the allen key, i noticed my pistol does not have allen bolts but regular flat head screws HA-HA-HAAA jokes on me sad.gif

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

anyways, I adjusted it as far as the screw would go to get the the least travel & pull. it ain't no hair trigger but its light-years better than the walmart ruger mk1 trigger. at 5meters I can hit what I aim at, after a few tins i'm hoping it will improve.

WOW this thing is loud! i usually shoot indoors but took it outside to the backyard to see if I could snipe some flys or some dandelions. nothing out there so i just kept hitting one of those plastic orange gatorade bottle caps until there was nothing left of it.

i'm glad i got it, so far only 250 pellets through it but it's been giving me good laughs.

[edit: clearer pictures]

This message has been edited by ginoe on Jul 6, 2012 10:08 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.