Ideas for project gun to build with 11-12 year old?July 6 2012 at 10:43 PM
|KenNC (Login KenNC)|
My son hasnt had much interest in shooting or hunting. The fact that he doesnt go to school with anyone who does, doesnt help and it has been a challenge. He is just starting middle school and is very academically oriented. He has already received letters from Duke and John Hopkins University. He loves to create things and lately he has made a variety of rifles and handguns out of cardboard/duct tape etc. Some of his guns have detachable magazines and removable (LCDs) and its obvious he is putting a lot of thought into it.
I would like to try to use this toy gun building period as an opportunity to possibly expanding his interest in guns. What would be a good project gun we could work on together? My thoughts are a PCP. They are relatively simple to assemble and he might be intrigued with how valves and the other components work together. In the end he would have a rifle he could shoot accurately and hopefully start to enjoy the shooting sports. I was thinking of getting a Disco and cutting the stock or a P-Rod, 22XX, QB78, taking it completely down and then work with him on putting it back together (building one). Any thoughts?
- If you want to build... - Andy on Jul 6, 2012, 10:50 PM
- My vote goes to the QB's... - Dave Dunn on Jul 6, 2012, 11:57 PM
- I agree with Andy - Jerry on Jul 7, 2012, 4:23 AM
- I have a 13 year old Son... - Victor3 on Jul 7, 2012, 7:55 AM
- my boy is only 7 but he has expressed... - joe(80grit) on Jul 7, 2012, 11:07 AM
- Thanks for the Responses - KenNC on Jul 9, 2012, 8:01 PM