Return to Index  

Ideas for project gun to build with 11-12 year old?

July 6 2012 at 10:43 PM
  (Login KenNC)
YF

My son hasnt had much interest in shooting or hunting. The fact that he doesnt go to school with anyone who does, doesnt help and it has been a challenge. He is just starting middle school and is very academically oriented. He has already received letters from Duke and John Hopkins University. He loves to create things and lately he has made a variety of rifles and handguns out of cardboard/duct tape etc. Some of his guns have detachable magazines and removable (LCDs) and its obvious he is putting a lot of thought into it.

I would like to try to use this toy gun building period as an opportunity to possibly expanding his interest in guns. What would be a good project gun we could work on together? My thoughts are a PCP. They are relatively simple to assemble and he might be intrigued with how valves and the other components work together. In the end he would have a rifle he could shoot accurately and hopefully start to enjoy the shooting sports. I was thinking of getting a Disco and cutting the stock or a P-Rod, 22XX, QB78, taking it completely down and then work with him on putting it back together (building one). Any thoughts?

Respond to this message   
Responses

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.