I shipped four completed actions out this week for use and display at the East Coast Reg. BR Championship in Salem, NY this up comming weekend. They aren't bench rest actions, but a sampling of a few Ravens, and T7 actions that I just recently wrapped up for addition to inventory that I will be selling in the near future. I thought it might be fun for the guys there that have only been able to see pictures, to be able to get their hands on a few of the actions and see them up close and personal. I know a couple of the guys are camping at or near the BR facility, so they should be able to spend at least a little time shooting them...
Anyhow, since I shipped everything out, I needed to turn my attention to finishing another one so that I myself would have something I could shoot till the next one gets completed.
I've been fooling around with the final tune on this one for a while now -
I had originally installed a reg and had the gun set up for @ 25ft/lbs. Being a larger action, I felt the reg was kind of a buzz kill in the set up, so I pulled it. Set it up to spit Kodiaks at 865fps, which it delivers quite nicely on target out of the ST barrel.
I then swithced to JSB 18.1's and set my cross hairs on the dreaded weed stems across from the shop. Target distance ranges from 43 to 48 yards in this particular patch of weeds. The average stem width is .086" wide... I am very pleased to report, this puppy has no problem mowing them down shot after shot.
I did some shooting at a good 65 yards also, and was quite pleased with the way the JSB's were being delivered on target. Nothing real scientific, but I was shooting at pebbles stuck in the dirt of a large root ball on the far side of the yard. It is what is left of the large walnut tree that fell during last months crazy wind storms... I saw enough to feel that the gun is accurate, and will plan on getting on paper soon to see just how accurate.
See more picts @http://davegcustomstocks.com