Return to Index  

The Cyclone and Tarantula are not Indy's or Royales.

August 9 2012 at 9:57 PM
(Login klentz)
YC

Response to Re: Observations and suggestions....

Be careful making judgements on a quality company like FX.  If you paint them with a broad brush stroke you potentially eliminate some great, classic pcp's.  Yes, the groundbreaking Independence with on board pump has had problems.  Yes, there have been problems with early Royale 400's.  I dealt with one in a synthetic stock.  I haven't spent much time with the Independence but shot Scot Heath's.  I'm not talking about the Royale 500 series since I've never owned or shot one of these.

I don't willy nilly recommend guns like others.  You don't see me post here very often.  When I post about a gun it's not speculation.  Most often I've owned it or at the very least I've shot it a lot.  I've owned 3 tarantula's and 2 cyclones.  Two of the tarantula's had factory stocks (grade 3-4 walnut with checkering) the third has a custom thumbhole.  Still own the gun.  All were silly accurate out to 50 yards.  I had a cyclone with a synthetic that was accurate but sold it because I'm not a synthetic stock guy.  The walnut stocked cyclone was bought from chrismel that posts here occasionally.  He's owned 50-60 guns and he bought it back from me.  The cyclones have great shot counts, very accurate out to 50 yards and feel like a carbine although they're marketed as a rifle.

I still own the AAS410 rifle in the above picture and will never sell it.  Although it's long, gets a poor shot count relative to the tube size the thumbhole stock with adjustable buttpad fits me and I was able to adjust the trigger (with fiber washers inserted) to my liking.  The Lothar Walther barrel shines on my gun.

This message has been edited by klentz on Aug 9, 2012 10:27 PM
This message has been edited by klentz on Aug 9, 2012 10:12 PM

Respond to this message   

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.