Return to Index  

Air consumption with Altaros regulator. Good or bad?

February 16 2017 at 9:30 AM
JD  (Login JamesDingle777)
AR&P

Allegedly set at 135 bar. Definitely spits JSB 18.1's at an average of 861 for 50 shots. I filled to 3K, shot 1 mag (10 shots) refilled and listened for when it clicked open (have a Hill MKIII) According to Hill gauge, (guns stays right at or slightly above 100 bar depending on fill. pushing it to 3200psi raises it ever so slightly between green and yellow, Rainstorm I model, I think reg leaks a little) So, according to Hill gauge, rifle uses exactly 400PSI per 10 shots.
I don't know tube CC size and I don't think 40psi per shot is the right way to define it. Even with a regulator, is 400psi per 10 shots good at 29.8FTLBS 861FPS?
This doesn't sound bad to me, 50 shots would take me from 3K to 2K. I've never had a regulated rifle though (this is a .22 Evanix Rainstorm I with Altaros) so I don't know if this is as good as it gets or not.
Have had rifle for about 3 days. I just filled to exactly 3K. Will let it sit for 7 days in same environment (check pressure again in 2 hours as I filled when cold from outside) and check to see if it dropped at all.
All help, advice is greatly appreciated.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.