Return to Index  

not too good, probably needs adjusting.....

February 16 2017 at 10:03 AM
Robert  (Login BigTinBoat)
YF12

Response to Air consumption with Altaros regulator. Good or bad?

Looks like the cylinder is 250cc in size. If you are getting 50 shots from 3000 down to 1450 the efficiency is under 1fpe/cuin.

If you just installed the regulator and made no other changes you are likely wasting air. A hammer spring that is adjusted to open the valve at 3K is WAY over powering the valve with just 1450psi (100bar) in it.

If your reg is set at 100bar (as indicated by the gauge) and you fill to 3000psi I would expect that you should be able to tune the gun to get 70 shots at that power level before falling of the regulator.

Now if the regulator is set at 135bar (your gauge off) then 50 shots from 3000 down to 1960 is right in line with expected results.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.