no need for a reg tester, just chrony

February 16 2017 at 3:23 PM
Robert  (Login BigTinBoat)
YF12

Response to If I'm right, (which I very well may not be) this should be using 4.3cc's per shot; but

You have a chrony, right?

Fill the gun and shoot 5 shots recording fps.
Reduce the spring tension
Take 4 shots and record the fps.

Continue this sequence till your fps average starts dropping. Once it starts dropping then you are on the "knee" of the curve. This is about where you want to be tuned for best efficiency. If this fps is where you want to be then you are done.

If this fps is above where you want to be then you need to lower the reg pressure slightly and do the test again.

If this fps is below where you want to be then you need to raise the regulator pressure and repeat the test.

Of course if will get to a point (based on a lot of different variables like port sizes, valve volume, barrel length, etc) where raising the reg pressure will have no effect. At this point something else in the "equation" will need to be changed if you are not where you want to be.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.