Return to Index  

Interesting, I reverted back to a 1" tube scope after a couple years........

March 17 2017 at 10:16 AM

nced  (Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Response to Hawke suggest that you only use 30mm tube scopes on springers.

with a heavy 30mm tube scope. It seems to me that the heavier components of a 30mm tube scope would be more prone to "recoil damage" with piston gun recoil than the lighter components of a 1" tube scope. I'm currently using a 4-12x50 Hawke AirMax scope and even though it's heavier than the 4-12x40 Vortex diamondback I owned the Hawke with 50mm objective is still a couple ounces lighter than my 3-12x44 Optisan Viper with a 30mm tube. Matter of fact, I'm considering reverting back to a 40mm OA scope like the Diamondback I owned to reduce the weight a bit more.

Oh well.....just making some personal comments that might be in error. happy.gif

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.