Return to Index  

Hey Steve, Chair Gun says I'm "allegedly" getting

March 17 2017 at 12:31 PM
James Dingle  (Login JamesDingle777)

Response to For traditional airgun calibers (.177, .20, or .22) and velocity (<1000fps)...

600fps at 100 yards with a JSB 18.1 doing an average of 861fps over a 50 shot string. That 861fps is tested by a Chronograph at unknown distance from previous owner. I don't have a chrony and wouldn't be willing to risk sending it through at 100 even though this exact information put into Chair Gun Pro has me DEAD on nuts at 100 yards. Taking the cap off of water bottles 6x magnification hold 3rd mil-dot right on top of cap.
Still getting 600fps and retaining, what, 14FTLBS? From what I'm seeing, there is a huge variance you can see in fps before POI change at 50 yards. I believe I've been told a 40fps variance will cause a 1/4" drop at 50 yards.
So are my figures wrong or can some pellets like JSB 18.1's retain more energy/velocity and loose less than 1fps per foot?

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.