Return to Index  

Ever create a "scope cascade"?

March 17 2017 at 9:11 PM
gubb33ps  (Login gubb33ps)
YF

"Scope Cascade" siutuation...new one goes "here"..old one goes there...2nd old one goes there...etc.

Buy a new scope that is "perect" for one rifle, and you start a kind of avalance of scope swapping.

Which is what heppened with a couple of simple 4X32AO scopes.

Started a Scope cascade by oredering a couple of 4X32AO scopes. Not really needing higher poere scopes for lwoer-powered co2 rifles, I started swapping.

photo 14d50412-d6b6-4a8a-840d-c12d5304ca09.jpg

4X goes on the co2 "Plinker", 6X comes off.
6X goes on the PCP "varmint", and it's 3-9X comes off.
3-9X from the "varmint" goes on he M10, and the 3-12X comes off.

The old 3-12X stays "loose" as a scope I can trust when testing any new rifle.

Any way, the first one up for resighting was the CO2 "Plinker" with the new 4X on top, testing at 20 yards, 5-shot groups, really didn't see an accuray change.

Did notice it's a bit faster to get on target on "twitchy" pest-birds (which is the only live-critter-action I'm likely to see for the next 5-6 months)...and ikely "more than enough" for an 8.5 foot pound .177 rife,

photo 845ff294-d064-4d15-b18f-b52f2ccc029a.jpg

Observations:

1. At least to 20-35 ards, don't rally see a difference between 6X and 4X sightning. EITHER s "enough".
2. Do appreciate the slightly larger field fiew of th 4X when soriing out the "bark from the feathers" on a fast shot.
3. 4X OR 6x. Really doesn't make a rat'sarse when shooting under 100 feet (33 yards).

Now I've gotta test/sight in the 6X on trhe POlinker nd the 2-9X on the M10.

Pretty much created 3X the effort for one scope change.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on Mar 17, 2017 9:21 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.