I'll Chime in here

March 17 2017 at 9:40 PM
John K  (Login JohnnySingleShot)
YF12

Response to debouncer thoughts for the big bores

Evan, Are you actually getting a bounce that you can hear? I have a .58 Quackenbush pistol that does not bounce at all. I wonder if it is because of the rather small transfer port of .225 inch? In any case, it shoots well and I get two shots about 530 FPS. without a detectable bounce.
Now, my own creation, the .58 Big John's Son, was getting a noticeable bounce. The gun is quite a bit shorter which means a shorter air tube. With a .312 transfer port, I got a bounce that you could hear but the exhaust valve would still close with about 800 PSI remaining. (from a 3500 PSI fill)
I finally got rid of all my bounce by increasing the preload on the hammer spring. Now it fully dumps with a 3500 PSI fill. No bounce and definitely more power. Velocity is 575 FPS with the 570 round ball. The drawback is, having to hold the hammer back a little bit as you start to fill the gun. I guess I was glad to get rid of the bounce, but like you, I wish there was another suggestion we could try. Hope my input helps some. John

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.