Shooting at pigs

March 19 2017 at 4:32 PM
Chuck Richmond  (Login chuckinohio)
YF12

Response to Walking the pig

Spent a spell sitting in the back corner of the yard, watching for groundhogs in the hayfield.
I managed to get two whistle pigs, but in the meantime there was a red belied woodpecker worrying the bejeebers out of a dead tree about 15 feet from me. He moved around within like 50 yards of me the whole time I was out back.
That crazy pecker was calling the whole time, and I heard one answering him from across the creek about a hundred yards away. Pretty neat watching him searching for grubs and bugs.
A big Redtail hawk nailed something in the back corner of the field about 200 yards diagonal from me and I watched him tear it up for a bit.
The neighbors about 100 yards away had a fire going from cleaning up the winter yard debris, and the smell was quite pleasant.
Fired twice with a Diana 54 in .22, gave two pesky hole diggers a dirt nap, but had more fun just sitting in the spot. I do believe that I am going to put a semi permanent seat back there and spend more time just sitting and watching.

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.