Return to Index  

Big Bore

March 19 2017 at 6:47 PM
shootski  (Login shootski)
YC

Response to tethered DAQ

Lots of IFs! So it's deer Evan, what kind? Mule, Mangrove or White Tail? Meat or trophy? Also do you active stalk; sit in blind; tree stand or some other legal method? As far as a hunting rifle/pistol I want to follow the KISS principal to avoid walk-in or skiing in to base camp only to find some extra Gizmo has failed and ends my hunt right there. I certainly can't speak for Dennis but what I read on his site and have spoken with him about is he tries to build a practical hunting weapon (that you don't porters to carry for you) not a Benchrest paper puncher or a spray and pray grin machine. I have used my range time to map out my hunting tool at 10M intervals out to 100M. Even with my .58 DAQ pistol; e.g. it takes an actual +23.7 MOA elevation to put the lead ball on target at 100M with mine. Two ball into 1.5 inches, NO WIND, before recharging to 3200psi and it eats 200psi/shot. Not that I would hunt it to that 100M range unless I had nothing to eat and couldn't get closer for the shot. What more can a hunter really need from a big bore?

shootski

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.