Return to Index  

Not sure, but I believe it is bronze and

March 20 2017 at 1:43 AM
Johnny366  (Login johnny366)
YF

Response to Why does Crosman use brass barrel on 39x?

I had a Benji 317 as a kid. I would guesstimate at least 100,000 shots fired thru it. Took many a rabbit and squirrel with it. I rebuilt it several times and it had been pumped so much there was probably easily 50 to 75 thousands clearance between the pump tube and the pump rod assembly. I scoped it with a weaver .22 scope and the best ammo back then was the benji in the green can. Never ever cleaned the barrel and it was mirror bright after all that shooting and was just as accurate as when it was brand new. Bronze is not as hard as steel but has amazing wear characteristics, and without abuse such as shooting steel BB's, or cleaning it from the muzzle with a steel rod and wire brush I don't think you will ever wear the barrel out. I am certain I can go get it out now, pump it up, and it will shoot just as hard and accurate as ever.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.