10m CO2 Pistols had steel strikers as standard... Except one I made in titanium

April 15 2017 at 8:42 PM

Bob D.  (Login MB-BOB)
YF

Response to My sense, over the decades, is that ALL co2 pistols have strikers weighted

I made a Titanium striker hammer and valve stem for a Pardini K60 CO2 pistol in the late 80s. The standard Pardini steel hammer weighed 11.25 grams, but the titanium substitute weighed 5.91 grams.

The lightweight, titanium hammer did not seem to perform better than the standard one. And to the downside, it, and various aluminum versions caused more galling problems that offset any benefits. Turns out that steel was a fine material, not to mention economical.

So, the project itself was more intriguing than the final results, because the learning experience was priceless. Turning titanium on the lathe was both challenging and fun. It required construction of a water cooling system which was the challenge. The fun? Holding 1/2 handful of titanium shavings at shoulder height, lighting it with a match, letting go, and watching it disappear before it hit the concrete floor.
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on Apr 15, 2017 8:59 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.