Return to Index  

Shipping that same gun via USPS would cost about $50 insured.

April 17 2017 at 1:03 PM

KW  (Login CuomoSux)
YF12

Response to Shipping cost and used gun sales

MM,

Considering the size of the package, the weight and the value...$65 is not that far off. I take actions out of the stock for safety and cost. If you sold that same Dragon Claw and wanted to ship it back to California out of its buttstock, USPS would charge you $38 fully insured to ship it via 2-day priority mail. If two day is not needed, you could ship the same package for $36 via USPS ground.

For your future sales...figure $50 for shipping and include it in your initial asking price. Do not let the buyer make choices for carrier or insurance. The "plus shipping" option just means fielding a ton of questions about the cost to ship to specific zip codes. That is 43 THOUSAND different zipcodes.

And always insure. Just do it. $6.70 to insure a $500 gun through USPS saves you hassle. It puts the burden of satisfaction on the USPS.

As for getting quotes all over town....use USPS.com or UPS.com of FedEx.com to get shipping quotes from your desk. Pre-printed labels are your friend.

I only use USPS priority mail. I generate labels online. I pay online. I print on my printer at home. I ship from my front porch.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• thanks - Michael McKeown on Apr 18, 2017, 2:09 PM
  •  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.