Return to Index  

Ah, thank you. I've heard so many good things about Charlie

May 15 2017 at 9:03 AM
James Dingle  (Login JamesDingle777)
AR&P

Response to PT Cricket

and these bull pups are amazing. Most do have a 20" barrel and breech in the back so it isn't terribly short. When I compare what my 17" Rainstorms barrel is capable of, I really should consider a Bull pup now that Hunting is legal in PA. Thick woods and all, shorter rifle, would make sense.
It's just that almost ALL of my shooting is from a bench, sitting off knees, bi-pod on edge of field, so a longer barrel doesn't bother me and when tuned right the length is a help in saving air and getting the same power a shorter barrel has to expel more to attain.
Either way, that is some very good shooting.
Sam, have you found these new heavy 34's to be the best at longer ranges in that rifle? Sounds like Charlie set it up to be easily adjusted by user. I've thought of trying them in my Rainstorm but that would mean disassembly, rebuilding 5 year old regulator, adjusting for more power. It shoots 15 & 18 grain JSB's too well for me to mess with it.
Although I am looking for a heavier hitter, longer range, fully adjustable rig. Right now I'm enjoying reading what others are accomplishing and awaiting The Masters full report on The Crown when he receives it in OZ.
I admit, I'll be looking at Charlie's web site in a few minutes.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.