Quail huntingMay 15 2017 at 11:58 PM
|Victor3 (Login Victor3)|
Last time I went after quail (with a 12 ga) in the Southern Sierras, them birds about gave me a coronary. I'm getting too old to chase them uphill at high elevation anymore, and they always run uphill.
I'm wondering if it's any easier to get them with a suitable air rifle, when they're out of shotgun range. Suckers never stop moving, so I'm thinking maybe not.
Anyone ever tried it? There are desert locations near guzzlers here in SoCal where I've seen quail that don't have as many hills to climb and should offer longer shots than possible with a shotgun.
- I have heard of deer hunters sniping quail attracted to deer corn - db on May 16, 2017, 5:54 AM
- That would all depend on the legality in the area - Doug Wall on May 16, 2017, 7:21 AM
- Quail - Rob on May 16, 2017, 8:41 AM
- I hunt quail.... - JohnL57 on May 16, 2017, 9:46 AM
- hunting quail with a pellet gun - George Rapozo on May 16, 2017, 5:21 PM
- May get you into trouble...maybe not... - gubb33ps on May 16, 2017, 6:58 PM