Return to Index  

S200 power question

May 16 2017 at 5:47 AM

db  (Login Diamondback)
YC

Response to AA s200 query

What caliber, what air pressure when you got 700 fps, & what air pressure when you got lower velocities of 500 fps & 600ish fps?

Also, are you sure the restrictor screw you turned was the actual restrictor screw, or a cover screw over the actual restrictor screw (like the AA S4XX series), or a lock nut around the adjuster screw? I have never adjusted mine, but the usual restrictor screw setup looks like an allen screw with a lock nut around it. If it’s pre owned, no telling what a previous owner or 2 did to it.

There have been different versions of S200 produced over the years. It seems a little confusing because depending on where you read, the Sporter, Target, FT, & Hunter names & specifications are used & interchanged, often incorrectly. There have been different S200 MK’s, power output versions, different stocks (1 piece brown wood, 2 piece brown wood, 1 piece red laminate, 1 piece brown “Hunter” stocks, some adjustable & some not), some came with gauges, etc.

I’ve mostly read about the 12 ft lb version (Sporter?), either in 1 or 2 piece stocks or 1 piece red laminate stocks, that usually come stock shoot 177’s approx 800 fps or 22’s approx 625 fps. I’ve read posts where these were adjusted from around 8 - 18 ft lbs.

I have also read of a lower power 177 caliber version (10 meter Target, if you will?) that averages around 7 ft lbs in 177 (not made in 22 according to some posts but I’m sure parts can be swapped). Posts indicate it adjusts from around 6 to 8 ft lbs, or from just over 500 fps to around 675 fps. Kinda sounds like yours...is yours 177?

There has more recently been a Hunter model variation that is supposed to come stock shooting a 22 caliber pellet at 20 ft lbs, or around 800 fps.

It’s possible yours has been adjusted, or even modified if it’s pre owned, or it may have a problem (worn spring, failing seal causing restriction, inaccurate gauge, etc).

There was a great series of S200 modding posts by Bobhttp://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1317004877/CZ+200S...+Tuning+for+Power...+Lots+of+Pics%2C+Stats ) where he took the restrictor screw & replaced it with a longer one that had the tip profile altered, so that when closed fully it really choked off the air flow a lot more than stock. By tweaking other areas power or consistency could be altered quite a bit. Our Brother Robert / Gubb33ps has done lots of great posts on them as well.

Maybe contacting CZ with the serial number & any other pertinent info might turn up more info on your S200?

Great little rigs...I have 3 myself happy.gif

This message has been edited by Diamondback on May 16, 2017 5:48 AM

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.