Return to Index  

No pellets clipped yet. I might add another section to the SMS for more quiet.

May 18 2017 at 2:26 AM
H.E. Potter  (Login Hepotter)
YF12

Response to Glad you like the SMS

The SMS is modular, you can screw together as many sections as needed to get the "quiet" you need for your shooting environment.

Each module contains a single straight baffle with a hole in the center. The muzzle cap has holes in it's shaft, prior to screwing onto the barrel. In this manner the gun's shroud helps reduce sound,

There are options to increase SMS efficiency...add more modules, drill a few tiny vent holes at the rear of the shroud, glue some heavy felt to the inside walls of the SMS modules, etc...

Clipping shouldn't be an issue, however, if it is, simply unscrew each module and very slightly enlarge the offending baffle hole with a rat tail file, dremel, etc...
Hepotter

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.