Return to Index  

Airmax Gen II pistol report

May 18 2017 at 11:15 AM
Paul in Zhills  (Login jps2486)
YF

As most of you have, I got my .22 cal Airmax Gen II pistol yesterday. The trigger seemed safe as it came out of the box, so I proceeded to clean the barrel. Boy, the Chinese sure make it an effort to make the bore as crappy as you can. After cleaning, I shot it through the chronograph just to see where it is out of the box. All were 5 shots for each pellet. All I can say is "WOWZA".

JSB 14.3 gr-634 fps, 12.8 fpe, ES 39, SD 16
JSB 15.9 gr-622 fps, 13.7 fpe, ES 38, SD 15
JSB 18.1 gr-601 fps, 14.6 fpe, ES 31, SD 13

This is much more than I expected. I figured it would shoot around 525 if I was lucky This is pretty strong for a pistol. I also checked the trigger pull with my Lyman trigger gage and it was 2 lbs, 12 oz. Right now, I'm leaving everything alone. This is very good right out of the box. Tomorrow, I'm going to check for accuracy, then give the bore a generous scrubbing with JB borepaste. I expect this gun will settle down and shoot more consistently as time goes on.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.