FWB 300 Tech Info Needed

May 27 2017 at 6:13 AM
Frank Alessio  (Login fsa70)
YF12

I'm planning on making a jig to determine the tension ( pound weight ) on FWB 300 springs.

I want to compare the difference between new springs, old springs, old springs and new springs, difference between double springs and a single spring and also how much of a difference, ( if any ) if I leave the spring loaded overnight, like leaving the gun cocked.

To make the jig isn't a big deal, what is important is having an exact measurements of how much the spring is compressed before it's cocked and the distance after it's cocked.

Although not the only factor, I'm interested in knowing how close new springs are to each other. I'm curious to know if this can be one of the reasons Chrony number vary when replacing new springs even on the same gun.

Does anyone know this compressed measurement on the FWB 300 springers ? Thank guys.

This message has been edited by fsa70 on May 27, 2017 11:36 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.