Can't Get New Vortex Ram Piston Seal to Fit..

May 30 2017 at 12:01 AM
Kevin  (Login Mattole)
YF

Yesterday I attempted to replace the piston seal on my Hatsan Striker Vortex due to a recent 75 fps loss in velocity. The stock piston seal had a pretty tight fit in the rear of the compression chamber as I was taking it out. I attempted to replace the Hatsan seal with a Maccari seal, but once fitted onto the piston, I could not get it to fit into the compression chamber - the seal was just too large. After getting it into the chamber a short distance I saw that it was not going to work and had to remove it, damaging the seal in the process.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Can a piston seal be resized somehow to fit into the chamber on my particular rifle?

Thanks, gentlemen.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.