Re: close focus

June 1 2017 at 12:52 AM
TV  (Login TerryVanpool)
YC

Response to close focus

If it is out of focus at max power then it is also out of focus at minimum power, it just doesn't look so. But the parallax is still there and if you can't focus range the close targets accurately you are going to miss a lot of small kill zones. To me the inability to focus at 10 yds. (as claimed by the manufacturer) makes this scope unsuitable for FT.
If your 124 is tuned properly at 12# I would consider it mild. If it is not tuned well and the piston is slamming into the front of the compression tube it can damage a scope even at 12#. But Athalon claims a lifetime warranty and I didn't see any disclaimers on air guns.
Charter member of Over The Hill Gang

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: close focus - Michael McKeown on Jun 1, 2017, 3:08 PM
  •  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.