Do it all the time !!!

June 14 2017 at 12:53 PM
JB in FL  (Login ircaver)
YC

Response to Anyone hunting bullfrogs with an airgun?

A long handled dip net comes in handy as well as a cooler with ice. I use a .22 Benjamin NP2 fitted with an AO mildot scope and a red lensed torch @ 1000 lumens. You can get really close. Most shots are at five yards. Remember, shoot only the biggest bullfrogs and leave the medium and smaller ones for another night. It is easy to clean out a location. Make only head shots, body shots will cause them to sink before you can retrieve them.

After I've cleaned them, I soak the legs in buttermilk with salt and pepper to taste overnight. I like to use Zatarain's fish fry breading and pan fry in olive oil. I save the backbone and fore legs for gumbo. I poach them in chicken stock. I wait and freeze them until I have around 40-50 bodies to make a decent gumbo base.

I'll post the recipe on this thread if you wish for my Frog Holler Gumbo. It's made with Bullfrog, Fresh shucked oysters (optional), Shrimp, Chicken, Smoked Sausage, Okra, Red Bell Peppers, Onions, Celery, Garlic, White Wine, Roux, Cajun Spices and served over white rice.
There is no such thing as a day off...
Only on some days, you don't work as hard as others...

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.