Re: Im not that mechanically inclined

June 15 2017 at 1:21 PM
TV  (Login TerryVanpool)
YC

Response to Im not that mechanically inclined

Apparently the previous pic was unclear. It shows the escutcheon bottom side up. The pic below shows the top side. The escutcheon is just like any other screw cup you can buy and requires exactly the same installation process.The only modification you will need to make is to open up the through hole to 3/16" and can be done with any hand drill. Since this is only .020" larger than the existing hole it can probably be done with only a drill bit held in a vice.

To prepare the hole in the stock to receive the escutcheon I use a 7/16" piloted counter bore as shown in the pic's which make a light press fit and the knurls on the escutcheon will lock it in place. But it can be glued in also.

You can get the 5mm socket head cap screws in SS or black finish and cut to fit.

[linked image]
[linked image]
Charter member of Over The Hill Gang

This message has been edited by TerryVanpool on Jun 15, 2017 1:23 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.