Some fitting required.....

June 15 2017 at 4:35 PM
TV  (Login TerryVanpool)
YC

Response to Great idea and flush. Did you have to countersink them

James the gun they are being installed on determines the amount of fitting. On the ProSport all the stock surfaces are relatively flat and the only fitting is getting the counter bore the correct depth. I generally try to counter bore to the depth of the existing screw hole so not to lose any strength but if the existing hole is deeper than the length of the escutcheon I fill the bottom of the hole with JB Weld.
On your R1 the screw hole is on a radiused part of the forearm and will require some hand fitting. Counterbore the hole so the escutcheon sits flush at the top and it will be a little proud at the bottom. Mask around the escutcheon with masking tape and file to fit the radius. The screw heads can be fitted by chucking the screw in a drill and filing to a flush fit.

Here is a pic of my R1 that I used SS screws on.
[linked image]
Charter member of Over The Hill Gang

This message has been edited by TerryVanpool on Jun 15, 2017 4:39 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.