Return to Index  

If you can find the metal rear sight for a Daisy 777

June 16 2017 at 12:02 PM
Jerry  (Login DanWesson)
YF12

Response to 747 sights

you will need to replace the front sight. The metal rear sight on a 777 is taller than the plastic version on the 717/747 models, thus, a taller front sight is required. I learned this after purchasing a used 777 where the point of impact was about 8" high at 10 meters. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why the pistol was shooting so high with the rear elevation set as low as possible. It was only after noticing a photo image on the internet I discovered the issue. That photo showed a 747 and a 777 side by side. The front sight on a 777 is taller.

JG Airguns may have some of these taller front sights in stock. That's who I contacted and he was able to hook me up with the proper front sight. You would need to specify the taller sight, however. When I was initially communicating with him he was unaware the 777 had a taller front sight than the 717/747 models. If you simply order the part from his website, you may end up with a 717/747 front sight.

Lastly, Mugs is correct about Steve Martens and his quality sights for the Daisy pistols. His sights are popular among air pistol silhouette shooters.

This message has been edited by DanWesson on Jun 16, 2017 12:12 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Tnx! - Joe on Jun 18, 2017, 7:48 PM
  •  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.