cleanest PCP air source / supply

June 17 2017 at 4:50 PM

Joe  (Login jp_over)
YF12

Friends,

I'm starting from zero PCP equipment and looking to figure out what will give me the cleanest air. I'm thinking (in order of most clean to least clean with the understanding that the difference between 1 & 4 might not be substantial):

1) scuba shop fill
2) nitrogen tank rented from welding supply shop
3) professional dive compressor from a reputable source
4) Shoe box or similar with appropriate filter
5) hand pump

All options would be used with a carbon fiber tank (with the exception of 5). I'm not considering a hand pump but listed it only as a point of reference.

I'm not trying to criticize any given equipment or set up but I am trying to get educated and confirm my assumptions. Why? Because I plan on getting back into PCP and would like to minimize maintenance and/or down time caused by liquid or debris in the mechanism.

Thanks for your advice!

Joe

Respond to this message   
Responses

• N2 Tank - T3P Ranch on Jun 17, 2017, 6:44 PM
    • Thanks T3P - excellent info! nt - Joe on Jun 17, 2017, 11:00 PM

• Looks like you got it right, but maybe number 5 has gradations too - Alan on Jun 19, 2017, 1:06 PM
    • Re: Looks like you got it right, but maybe number 5 has gradations too - Joe on Jun 21, 2017, 5:46 AM

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.