N2 Tank

June 17 2017 at 6:44 PM
T3P Ranch  (Login T3PRanch)
YF12

Response to cleanest PCP air source / supply

I am partial to the N2 from the Welding Supply shop. Coming from a semiconductor fabrication background I trust bottled gas more than other sources. It will likely be cleaner and drier than other sources (and should be certified as such) since it has to be pure and dry for welding. I have 2 6K bottles and have never used air to date.
N2 will produce just a bit more power than Clean Dry Air but the amount of extra power may be imperceptible. Any time you can eliminate oxygen from the mix you also eliminate oxidation within the pressure vessel (corrosion and or rust). I shoot a lot and use about a cylinder a year. I will also say it is likely the highest price option in the long run.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Thanks T3P - excellent info! nt - Joe on Jun 17, 2017, 11:00 PM
  •  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.