Return to Index  

Hey guys, looking for ways to remove a TKO from a recent purchased QB78.

June 17 2017 at 7:06 PM
Tim in California   (Login TimandDenise)
YF

Mods, if this thread is in the wrong forum please move it to the correct one...

I got this rifle about a year ago, I shot it enough to tell that it is probably clipping..I don't think I could hit a paper plate at 50ft range.

I am not the best shot in the world but I am pretty sure it's not human error. .

I loosened the two grub screws(is that the correct term?) and it doesn't want to move at all. I am no 90 pound weakling but I am unable to twist any movement into at all.

I am assuming that the previous owner glued it onto the barrel.
When I look into the business end, with a light shining into the open bolt I can tell it's crooked. I do not see any evidence of damage to the TKO but something is wacky, it's throwing pellets everywhere. .

Is there a way to take the TKO apart? I would rather not destroy it, I just want it off.

I am wanting to make a shorter barreled QB78, but as a separate project, I don't really want to cut this barrel until I find out how it shoots.

I do have a heat gun, I can get it hot. Will doing that be detrimental to the TKO?..

Any suggestions on a course of action?

Thanks in advance for your time and troubles in helping me out. .

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.