Personally

June 18 2017 at 5:31 AM
Miles  (Login Miles_M)
YF12

Response to .22 Pildrivers (part 2 of at least 3)

I would not use that BC calclator for a Piledriver shaped projectile. You need to base the BC on a suitable drag law for the Piledriver shape which will not be the same as a drag law shape for a normal pellet and certainly will not be a constant value. That is why a number of different values of BC will be obtained for the different speeds.
The calculator does not take into account any changes in air pressure, temperature etc. or wind speed and direction during the tests all of which can and will affect the values of the calculated BC if you ignore them. It would be better to use Chairgun which gives a choice of reference drag laws and the ability to input the atmospheric conditions.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.