Have a similar project on the bench although it will be a couple weeks

June 18 2017 at 2:15 PM
Jeff D  (Login jcdx25)
YC

Response to Hey guys, looking for ways to remove a TKO from a recent purchased QB78.

Happens to be a daystate airstream that is the most secure mounting of an lcd I've ever seen. I'm going to try to save the airsteam but I will replace it if things go south. Main goal is to not damage the shroud or anything else on the rifle it's self.

Heat gun! Very gently and slowly applying heat from a couple inches away. Take your time. Don't need it to get super hot, just need to let the heat sink in to right areas.

That said, if you are not trying to salvage the TKO, cut the front off pick out whatever internals are left and heat from inside.

My airsteam is disposable in my case so I'm willing to be aggressive. If you can make it work, freezing the barrel/lcd is good idea, just make sure it's had time to completely freeze and have padded pliers on hand as you'll still need to break it loose although it shouldn't take much if it's just the glue/locktight etc...

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.