Looks like you got it right, but maybe number 5 has gradations too

June 19 2017 at 1:06 PM
Alan  (Login AlanMcD)
YF

Response to cleanest PCP air source / supply

I think your table looks right, although one could argue the relative ranking of #1 and #2 (and of course #2 is not "air" anyways).

I think handpumping can also be split a bit too - different pumps have different filtration capabilities, and the biggest swing here is in the process the user chooses to follow - how many strokes in a session and the like . . .

To mean the real question is why do you ask? I spent quite a few years each with a Hill pump with Drypac (#5), then a tank filled by a dive shop (#1), and then a tank filled by a Shoebox with a good filter system before the unit but not after it (#4), and I can say this: I have never seen any difference inside my guns when I have torn them down for any maintenance or modifications. No signs of dirt, moisture or anything like that.

So in the end, if you do things "right" with each method, what difference does it make?

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Looks like you got it right, but maybe number 5 has gradations too - Joe on Jun 21, 2017, 5:46 AM
  •  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.